Sunday, December 7, 2008

So Much is Happening...

We all take a few days off don't we? Well, I've been a bit busy with submissions recently, that I haven't had time to update my blog. But that doesn't mean that Planet-I has been silent. Rather, it's been the exact opposite.

So much has happened since my midterms got over on 19th November. You can say that we know how to keep our selves busy. As if our Profs don't give enough work. Didn't they tell you that elite institutes like IIMs are about holistic personality enhancement?? :-)
Now let's see... There's been our sports activities including our very own IPL & IFL, RTI week (Dec 1-7), Parthenon 08', our Freshers' Party (if you can call it that) and much more. Don't worry... I'll give you details, but in a later post. One post wouldn't be enough to speak about all of that. We'll take it one by one.

So what's this one about. It's about IIM Indore's newest member. No, no one has been given lateral entry into our institute, if that's what you're thinking. I'm referring to our recently appointed Director, Professor N. Ravichandran who joined us on November 27. Prior to this, Prof. Ravichandran was teaching OM & Strategy at IIM Ahmedabad for quite some time. With change comes waves of hope. And I believe that's exactly what many of us at Planet-I are hoping for. I'm not saying that things are bad out here, but we all know, everything can be improved.

Professor Ravichandran doesn't need an introduction; his credentials speak for themselves. You could google his name and find hundreds of links on him. You would probably learn that he's a great researcher and a great guru. We at IIM Indore are yet to know him better, but based on what I've read, he always means business. And yes, did I forget to mention, he has some great one-liners.
During his first interaction with the whole PGP fraternity, he made quite an impact. Though I won't and can't discuss everything he said, I must say I was impressed by his criticism. I've always felt that the only one who can make a difference is the one who identifies and accepts the loop holes in a system, big or small. There's no point in praising yourself among your own family members. Kind of reminds me of a friend out here, who proclaimed something during a certain event. He said "I'm here for CHANGE". Well, maybe he really had a point.

Bug then again, these have all just been speeches till now. I remember my IIM Lucknow's GD topic: "Words without Deeds, is like a garden full of weeds". So let's hope that the garden turns out to give real flowers. And as Professor Ravichandran said at the end of his introductory speech, "From nowonwards, let our actions speak and not our words".

1 comments:

Robin said...

Yeah.. Ravichandran profile and his past deeds surely suggest he would bring the much needed changes to IIM Indore..

- IIM Indore Alumnus